Jira Cloud Migration Assistant Problem

Stefan Zander May 5, 2021

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of migrating our server to the cloud.

It is not possible to sync any of our projects to the cloud.

I always get the following error

2021-05-03 13:33:07.897 ERROR XXX project-export We couldn't export Field Layout Scheme default. Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException: entity.id must not be null.

There is one question for this problem already here from about a year ago, which sadly was never answered.

Any hint would help.

What might be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Hi @Stefan Zander ,

according to documentation - FieldLayoutScheme is the Java Data Object representing what is called a "Field Configuration Scheme" in the UI.

So there's probably something wrong with Field Configurations... "default" is mentioned, so it seems like default field configuration is not stored properly in some scheme or something like this.

I don't know how many field configuration schemes you have in your instance, but maybe you can try to check them one by one and maybe store them again?

But I'm really just guessing what's going on. Did you try to contact official Atlassian support?

Hi @Hana Kučerová 

Thanks for the reply

Since I'm experimenting with the free cloud version I cannot contact the support.
Or can I?

Funny thing is: 
We only have one Field Configuration Scheme on our server, and it is a scheme for a Jira Service Desk project.

Jira Service Desk projects cannot be migrated through the migration assistant.

All projects I want to migrate obviously don't have field configuration schemes, and we never missed that in years.

But maybe you put me in the right direction.
I will have a look into that.

I was looking for the problem completely different.

Thanks

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Hi @Stefan Zander ,

it seems to me what you are describing is standard configuration - all your projects you want to migrate are using "System Default Field Configuration" (which is not visible) with "Default Field Configuration"...

Maybe you can try to create one new scheme and switch one of your projects and see if it helps...

I believe you can contact the support, see here, Atlassian is really trying to help as much as possible with migrations. If they help you, it will be great to share the information here.

Okay, 

I will try.

I already saw that all our projects are connected to the "hidden" default config.

I created a new one, assigned it to one project but got the same error. But it now mentions the name of my newly created field configuration.

So you pointed definitely in the right direction :)

Now I only need to find out what is wrong with field configuration scheme

Suggest an answer