Jira Cloud Kanban boards quick filters causing WIP-limited column to turn red

Dan Driscoll May 2, 2023

This is a transient issue that seems to be migrating across my Kanban boards last night and today within a company-managed software project. 

• Column constraint configuration is "Issue Count, excluding sub-tasks"
  • We have max WIP limits configured for a particular "In Progress" column. 
  • No boards are in violation of that WIP Limit. 
  • However, clicking on certain Quick-filters cause the filtered board to show that "In Progress" column as red with a different max WIP Limit number displayed in the "N of M" message.

E,g,:

Board with "In Progress" col configured with max WIP Limit of 11  (no quick-filters): 

IN PROGRESS 6     Max 11

Applying a quick-filter yields the below column messaging, and the red coloring: 

IN PROGRESS 3 of 12     Max 11

There are only 6 standard tickets in that column, 3 of which meet the quick-filter and are displayed correctly.  But it is showing "3 of 12" and flashing red.   It has been offered that this is because once quick-filtered, it takes the total count including sub-tasks.  I contend Jira did not behave this way in the past (it's been fine for ~6 months).  Perhaps we've tickled out a new bug, or it's data dependent (more sub-tasking) and Jira always did this and/or or I'm simply losing my mind.  I dread the latter.  But from the lack of any of any other corroborating experiences, it may be so.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Driscoll May 4, 2023

I have been informed by Atlassian that the issue has been found and corrected while working https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-25284.   I can confirm the issue is no longer present.   

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events