Jira Chart labels are unreadable

Ahmed Abbas December 12, 2017

Hello,

I am running Jira Server (locally hosted) version 7.5.2 and it is working great with one exception. Charts that are created for dashboard use have illegible labels. It's as though it was in the 'windings' font.

I have confirmed that both the underlying database and the Jira application are utilizing UTF-8 Encoding, and the internationalization settings for the jira application is set to "English (United States)". The Indexing language is set to "English - Moderate Stemming".

Unfortunately I'm unsure how to proceed and would appreciate any help. Please see below for an image of the issue at hand.

jira_dashboard_charts.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

Looking at the images, the chart in the right is not a built-in gadget (I think), so you should contact the author of the add-on that provides that.

The 2 charts in the left are built-in gadgets, and the images are drawn with JFreeChart. So, you should make sure that JFreeChart and Jira can access the font in the OS which contains your language's specific characters.

See: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/workload-pie-chart-showing-unreadable-characters-939919148.html

Ahmed Abbas December 20, 2017

This solved my problem! The fonts were not installed on the OS. Thanks so much!

Suggest an answer