Jira Automation - when issue is created, need to notifited with the email

NANDHANA_VAZ September 14, 2022

Jira Automation - when issue is created, need to notified with the email, for the assignee or the request participants, can you help me create the automation for that ?

2 answers

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hi @NANDHANA_VAZ ,

To  create automation,

Go to project settings --> automation, Then click Create Rule
select New trigger == Issue created, click Save
select Add component == New action and then select Send Email
In TO field, select reporter, request participants or any other required fields.
Add a subject and Content to the email and click Save
Give a name to your automation and click "Turn it ON"

NANDHANA_VAZ September 14, 2022

I have the did the automation, but getting error continuously , please find the screenshot belowCapture.PNG

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

@NANDHANA_VAZ 

What is the error ? Also please paste the text added in subject and content section. 

NANDHANA_VAZ September 15, 2022

Audit Log.PNG

this the error, please advise?

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2022

Please note: Request participants is only available in Jira Service Management projects. It should not be empty when you are creating a ticket. 
If you are using this automation in Jira software/work management projects, then it will throw error as below|

image.png

so what can be done now? need enter the email address? or else to which we can send the email directly?

It worked, i tired with adding the resources in the group, you mean to say request participants will work only in service management, i tired with assignee also it does't work, so i have created the group and tired.

but i need the email to go when iam assigning to request participants (who all are associated with the project) is there any way? now email is going when i created the task itself, if i mention the trigger as assignee it is different, please advice? 

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2022

@NANDHANA_VAZ 

Yes, each triggers are different. Emails are sent only if the specified field in automation or notification scheme has any value in it. It is not necessary that assignee field has value when ticket is created. It is usually "Unassigned". 

Generally we make use of  Notification schemes to notify assignee and other users when tickets get assigned.

image.png

You can also make use of automation rule --> Issue Assigned trigger. 

NANDHANA_VAZ September 16, 2022

Actually i want to notify the group of people whoever associated with the project, that's y tired with request participants (Custom field) were i will and all the assignees whomever is associated,  in this case what can be done, please advice?

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2022

@NANDHANA_VAZ 

1. If the project uses a separate notification scheme, then modify it and select project role for Issue assigned event. You can add roles like admin, team etc as per your Jira config. 
I would suggest create a copy of notification scheme if project is using shared scheme and assign new scheme to the required project. Make modification as required

2. You can make use of automation rule. Instead of request participants, mention user Group which is used in the project. Project roles cannot be selected.  

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 15, 2022

Hi, @NANDHANA_VAZ !

I`m not so good at automation, but I have an alternative suggestion. We at the SaaSJet team have developed a Business Process Manager add-on that helps to automate procedures and standardize instructions for every process in your company. 

So, you need to create a process Template , and several steps with a form that will be a Jira issue. 

image.png

You can start a process manually or set a schedule. In this case, the system will automatically create a new issue. In both cases, the assignee will be notified via email and Jira notification.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events