Jira Automation setting Team field based on project

Dillon Weyer March 28, 2023

Afternoon all,

We would like to use automation to set the team field based on the project the issue is created in. I could add an if for each project (50plus), but was wondering if there is a quicker, smarter way to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dillon Weyer March 30, 2023

So a very ugly workaround is to add the team value to the project name and then set a smart value by using substring on the project name to get the team number. 

Not the best solution. is there a way to retrieve the project description field?

or

in the json, could I add a lookup list e.g. list of project key and the team number it relates to?

so for example if project key = ABC then the team value from the look up list e.g. ABC = 123, would be used to set the 

Dillon Weyer March 30, 2023

for now I have settled for using the project description field which I prefix with a special Char to identify the team id saved in the project description field. You can retrieve data from this field using {{project.description}} as a smart value.

0 votes
Michael Wohlgemuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2023

Greetings @Dillon Weyer .

what field type is the "team field"?

regards

Dillon Weyer March 28, 2023

It's the field created by Jira for plans and can't edit or view details as it's locked. If I query the field in JQL, the drop-down options are team names as entered, but once selected a numeric value is returned.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events