Jira Automation: create a release branch on bitbucket and merge issues branchs

Arno January 20, 2021

Hi Community,

has anyone needed to automatic create a "release branch" on bitbucket to merge all issues associated in a "project release" and then trigger a pull request to master?

I´m thinking about turn the process of release a version faster. In our project, we use GITFLOW process. All issues have their own branch. So, after test the issue and plan a version, when "release" (Inside Jira Release Page) this version on Jira I would start a automation to create the release branch on bitbucket and merge all issues associated on that.

Is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Chaimungkalanont
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2021

Hey there Arno,

Thanks for the feedback, it's not possible to create branches through Automation at the moment.

I've raised a ticket to track this at https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-2122

Cheers,

Mark C

issam chouchane December 6, 2021

Hello

Now you can create bracnhes from jira tickets interface, but Arno is asking about a new feature to create release branche from all tickets tagged with the same version (or PR to merge all ticket branches to release branche).

@Arno, Same thing for me, I'm looking to improve the CI-CD process by using Jira version feature.

Regards.

Issam

Like Arno likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders