Jira Automation; child issue inheriting updated fix version

Emily Ashley April 16, 2024

Hi all, I've created an automation rule so that when the fix version on a parent issue is updated, the sub tasks also get the updated fix version.  However, the original fix version also remains on the sub task and therefore it now has two fix versions whereas the parent only has one.  Please advise of how I need to update my rule:

2024-04-16_14-28-23.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

Hello @Emily Ashley 

When you are editing subtasks to update fix version, to the right, there will be 3 ellipsis, can you click and see if you have choosen "set value" or "copy from"?

Emily Ashley April 17, 2024

@Kalyan Sattaluri Thank you for your reply.  It is set to 'copy from'.

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

Hello @Emily Ashley 

If you want to sync Subtask fixversions to Parent, Make sure your edit issue in your rule has below set up. Please try and share any questions.

image.png

Please accept if your requriement is met, Thanks!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Emily Ashley April 22, 2024

@Kalyan Sattaluri Thank you so much that has worked.  Now I need to create a new rule that states when a child issue is created, the child issue takes the fix version from the parent.  Can you point me in the right direction of this please?  Many thanks again.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events