• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Automation - User Smart Value for Manual Rule Executor

Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Dec 16, 2020

Hello Everyone!

I have a manual Jira Automation Trigger that when executed will create a new issue.  I'm trying to figure out what smart value will allow me to dynamically add the person who executes the rule as a watcher on the new issue. 

The person who executes the trigger will not necessarily be the person who created the original issue the trigger was executed from or the assignee of that issue at the time the rule is executed. 

The documentation on smart values doesn't seem to list what I'm looking for.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Dec 16, 2020

does {{initiator.name}} work for you?

Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Dec 16, 2020

Thanks @Jack!

I'm not sure how I missed that, but it's right in the docs here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-users/

Like # people like this
Jack Community Leader Dec 16, 2020

well it isn't like there are a billion things documented.... needle in the haystack ;-)

Like # people like this

Yes, and... I suggested they create an automation documentation page that is like the REST API one, where the whole list of values and functions can be searched on one page, with expandable sections, and including the scope/supported apps (Jira Cloud, JSD, Jira Server).

__Bill

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

73 views 4 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you