Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Automation: Is it possible to the number of branch/commits referenced on a jira issue?

Edited

Hi, I was experimenting on Jira Automation. I wanted to automate the status of our issues depending on our BitBucket Repository references of the issues. For example, when a branch is create the issue status must go from TODO -> IN PROGRESS.

Going from TODO -> IN PROGRESS is easy by listening to When Branch Created. The problem becomes more complicated when going backwards. Say for example when the created branch is deleted. I was wondering if it possible to determine whether an Issue have a reference branch or referenced commit, so that the the issue contains at least 1 commit/branch, then I could transition the status to IN PROGRESS and when the branch/commit is deleted/or zero, I could revert the status to TO DO.

Is this possible? Thank you very much in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M Community Leader Jan 03, 2022

Hi @Archie Quiñones 

Build a listener App and automate with Script as per your requirement for branch deleted action. As of now, there is no Trigger included in Automation and I don't see any reason why they should include it.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

460 views 19 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you