Jira Automation: Is it possible to the number of branch/commits referenced on a jira issue?

Archie Quiñones January 3, 2022

Hi, I was experimenting on Jira Automation. I wanted to automate the status of our issues depending on our BitBucket Repository references of the issues. For example, when a branch is create the issue status must go from TODO -> IN PROGRESS.

Going from TODO -> IN PROGRESS is easy by listening to When Branch Created. The problem becomes more complicated when going backwards. Say for example when the created branch is deleted. I was wondering if it possible to determine whether an Issue have a reference branch or referenced commit, so that the the issue contains at least 1 commit/branch, then I could transition the status to IN PROGRESS and when the branch/commit is deleted/or zero, I could revert the status to TO DO.

Is this possible? Thank you very much in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

Hi @Archie Quiñones 

Build a listener App and automate with Script as per your requirement for branch deleted action. As of now, there is no Trigger included in Automation and I don't see any reason why they should include it.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer