Jira Automation - Get created issue key

Shahroz Naeem August 17, 2020

While using the Automation for Jira Cloud, is it possible to get the key of the issue that was created in the very same automation? 
Here's a screenshot of what I'm trying to implement. The issue is created perfectly - I just want to send the Key of the created issue over Slack/Teams/Email without using JQL/Lookup to fetch it. 
image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Jira Guru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2020

Hi @Shahroz Naeem 

Try this

createdIssue

The previous issue created in this rule.

{{createdIssue.key}}

createdIssues

A list of issues that have been created in the rule.

{{#createdIssues}}{{key}}{{/}}
Shahroz Naeem August 19, 2020

Thank you! 😁

Steven Peck March 16, 2022

Is there a way to access created Service Requests?

Shahroz Naeem March 19, 2022

Hey @steven_peck
I'd suggest you start a new thread for this query. 

But to answer your question: Yes, all created tickets can be accessed. You can use the conditions to filter out the tickets where the issuetype is Service Request and take actions on them alone. 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2023

...for anyone who's reading this thread 3 years later, @Jira Guru 's useful answer is from this page, where there's lots of other smart value info: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

2 votes
Łukasz Zawer July 8, 2021

I'm sad that is hard to find again this version of getting (spent 1-2 hours to get this).

If you create more than one in single automation - you can use (even if created in Branch-rule):
{{createdissues.get(0).key}} - for first
{{createdissues.get(1).key}} - for second

etc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders