Jira Automation | Applying an IF condition on the output of previous If Condition

Shaun April 17, 2024

Howdy helpful folks!

I was wondering if it is possible to apply an IF condition that applies to the output on the previous IF condition and isn't treated as an independent search to the branch?

Example here:
Example of If and IF.png

What I am trying to achieve is:

1. Identify all child stories of the Epic with a certain "Definition of Done" field value (in this case, 'prototype').
  2. Check that all these child stories are in a completed state (like "Done", "Closed", or "Resolved").
  3. If all the specified stories are completed, then update the Epic's "Definition of Done" field to 'Prototype'.

If you have any advice that would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks and stay awesome!

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

Hi @Shaun 

No, that is not possible.  Although for the example you show, could you combine the criteria to perform a single check, as there is no rule action / edit between the two conditions?

If you really want to do what you asked, you could instead:

• use a Lookup Issues action with JQL to gather the first set of issues
  • use a condition to check some issues were returned
  • use smart value, list filtering (i.e., conditional logic) and a math expression to reduce that list further
  • use a condition to check if any issues remained

That would be less readable than just combining the conditions JQL.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events