Jira Apps from ATLASSIAN MARKETPLACE to make control on fields

Anissa.LAHLOU August 22, 2022

Hy,

I am looking for add control in fields on the fields to be entered in Jira, i was wondreing if it exist such an Apps in   ATLASSIAN MARKETPLACE to make control on fields

tks a lot 

best regards 

Anissa

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Team-managed projects do not yet support mandatory fields, and I'm not aware of any apps that can help with that.  (Behaviours for Cloud may be able to help, but it is still in Beta at the moment, and I've not used it enough to know if it can, or will in the future)

All you can do is edit the workflow and put restrictions on transitions that stop people from progressing with the issue if there are things wrong with the data (such as an empty field)

tks a lot for you response 

hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Nic Brough

tks for your response 

i m asking how to add more rules  i juste have this configuration in my jira Cloud, knowing that i m service provider for a client i don't have admin acces 

my goal is to make a liste of field required 

jira cloud.PNG

i was finding this rules on tutoriel but in my jira cloud i do t have it 

i my sens " check an issue 's field"  can help in making required field

what do you think a bout this solution  and how can i add to my jira 

tks a lot in Advance

jira cloud 2.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Yes, that's exactly what I said you should do.

Like Anissa.LAHLOU likes this
Anissa.LAHLOU August 23, 2022

tks a lot 

Please how to have other  rules in my view?

actually i juste have this one jira cloud.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2022

I can't see what you are doing here, a screenshot of a rule box that's nothing to do with the current transition does not tell me a lot. 

I can't tell you more than you need to be adding a rule to the workflow.

Like Anissa.LAHLOU likes this

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ok tks a lot

now my question is how to configure the Field "description" to be  not empty using this functionality ?

jira cloud.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

Um, leave the text box blank?

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

You don't need any app for marking fields required. It can be done with the built-in features:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/specify-field-behavior/

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately my version of Jira Cloud does not have this option "Required/ Optional", which is why I request the app.

Suggest an answer