JSU update field issue

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2022

Hello All

I am trying to record date and user on a workflow transition. and I have put the following on a workflow post function. Tracker is a single line text field

Update Any Issue Field (JSU)

• Issue Field:  Tracker
  • Field Value: '%%CURRENT_USER%%' , '%%CURRENT_DATETIME%%' {{initiator.displayName}}

However, instead of putting date and user, it is just putting the text '%%CURRENT_USER%%' , '%%CURRENT_DATETIME%%' {{initiator.displayName}} 

as it is.

Can you please let me know how to do it.

Thanks

Abe

3 answers

1 vote
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2023

Sorry, I missed the part where you mentioned that the "Tracker" field is a single-line text field.

The %%CURRENT_USER%% macro is going to return the user that executed the transition, but only into a User custom field in Jira (single or multiple user, doesn't matter), while the %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% macro needs to go into a Date or Date/Time Picker field.

Which means that you'll have to have two separate custom fields, one to capture the user that executed the transition and another to capture the time of the transition. So you would also need two separate post-functions.

0 votes
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2022

To clarify, don't include the quote marks. Just use %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% (or %%CURRENT_USER%%) as the value.

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2022

@AbrahamA ,

Have you tried just using one of those special macros. For example, just entering %%CURRENT_USER%% and see what's the behavior. If it works, then built up and add the date&time.

Thanks,

Ben

ABF April 9, 2023

Hello,

will this same parameter work on CLoud too?

%%CURRENT_USER%%

Suggest an answer