JSU Required Customer Field on "create issue" does not allow cloning of issue

Janice Bethke February 13, 2019

For my "story" workflow I have at the "create" JSU post function making the field required.  This is working just fine but now when we try to "clone" the story it gives error that the "custom field" is required but there is no way to add data to this field during "clone".

Not sure how to resolve this.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user February 13, 2019

Hi @Janice Bethke,

Just to confirm, you have a custom field that is required on creation? Upon clone, you do not need to change the data already in the custom field? 

If so, why not set up a field configuration scheme for the issue type so the custom field is require on creation.

Hope this helps

Janice Bethke February 14, 2019

So I am using the JSU function to make this custom field required when creating a story.  I am also using this same JSU function when creating a task.  When I try to clone the story I get an error message that the custom field is required but when I clone the task it works just fine.

I am not seeing any difference between the Story workflow and Task workflow upon create with validators or post functions so do not understand why I can "clone" the task with no error but get error when "clone" story.

Suggest an answer