JQL

Stanislav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

I want to make filter to find security level but i dont want to write security level i need a security level of user who is using filter. Like currentUser(). What syntex i need.

The same with the memberOfGroup()

Level = ?

memberOfGroup(?)

membersOf("?")

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

Hi Stanislav,

What exactly would the outcome be? Just the issues under that security level?

I'd say that you don't even need to mention it then.. if the user using that filter doesn't have access they won't see them or does have access to a certain level they will appear. 

The filter will only apply to what security level the current user has access to.

Stanislav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

The originaly i want a person see issues that are attached to his group or role. But i dont now how to connect issue to this. And i decided to linked issues with the security level. And than add role to the security level so than he can see the issues.

Reporter create issue and mark the security level. And i want a filter to be like :

status=to do and level= (security level of the person who is using filter)

or it dosent have sence ?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

Imho, it doesn't really make sense.

A security level is a way to really block other users (that are not part of the level) to see the issues. So if you created one for each user other users will not see the tickets anymore. (it's like they don't exist to them)

Since you made it as a security level if the user creates a filter/executes a filter all other items will automatically be filtered out.

so just putting status = "to do" would be enough

If however you just want users to have a way to group their tickets together and filter on them but not limit who can see them you might just make a custom field like "group" or "role" or "knowledge domain"... 

if it is attached to the person itself you could create groups in JIRA, add the users to those groups so they are functionally combined/together and then set up a custom field of type group picker where you enter it.

Once that is implemented you can make a filter such as currentUser() = memberOf("groupname")

So unless you really want to block the issues from being seen by anyone else the security level might be overkill.

Like Nikolai Nekrasov likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events