Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL to pull how a project was initially created - Scrum vs Kanban

Hello,

I am trying to think of a way to pull what the initial template type was to create a project, whether Scrum or Kanban, to populate a status report. I can't think of the JQL because I am not sure if a field exists.

Seems like this info has to be somewhere in the Jira system since one has to select the template type (Kanban or Scrum) upon creating a project. Is there a way I, as a Jira Global Admin, can access that info via JQL or API? If so, what is the JQL or script? 

If the answers to my questions above are "No", then can you advise on any other JQL or script that will definitively provide whether a project was created as a Kanban or a Scrum project?

Thanks for your assistance.

Note: My company is currently using Jira Standard but plans to upgrade to Jira Premium soon.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Apryl Harris 

Using the REST API, perhaps you could get all boards, filtered by the project, and compare the id values.  The lowest id is probably the first one for the project, and then check the type in the results.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/rest/api-group-other-operations/#api-agile-1-0-board-get

Kind regards,
Bill

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim Community Leader Nov 30, 2021

Hi @Apryl Harris

You will not be able to accomplish this via jql.

You may want to ask the adaptivist group, scriptrunner plugin makers, for some recommendations.

Regards

OK - cannot access with JQL.

My company does not have scriptrunner.

Is there a way to access via Java or some other programming language? If so, what's the code?

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

831 views 25 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you