JQL to pull how a project was initially created - Scrum vs Kanban

Apryl Harris November 30, 2021

Hello,

I am trying to think of a way to pull what the initial template type was to create a project, whether Scrum or Kanban, to populate a status report. I can't think of the JQL because I am not sure if a field exists.

Seems like this info has to be somewhere in the Jira system since one has to select the template type (Kanban or Scrum) upon creating a project. Is there a way I, as a Jira Global Admin, can access that info via JQL or API? If so, what is the JQL or script? 

If the answers to my questions above are "No", then can you advise on any other JQL or script that will definitively provide whether a project was created as a Kanban or a Scrum project?

Thanks for your assistance.

Note: My company is currently using Jira Standard but plans to upgrade to Jira Premium soon.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2021

Hi @Apryl Harris 

Using the REST API, perhaps you could get all boards, filtered by the project, and compare the id values.  The lowest id is probably the first one for the project, and then check the type in the results.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/rest/api-group-other-operations/#api-agile-1-0-board-get

Kind regards,
Bill

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Apryl Harris

You will not be able to accomplish this via jql.

You may want to ask the adaptivist group, scriptrunner plugin makers, for some recommendations.

Regards

Apryl Harris December 3, 2021

OK - cannot access with JQL.

My company does not have scriptrunner.

Is there a way to access via Java or some other programming language? If so, what's the code?

Thank you.

Suggest an answer