Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL to find issues that don't have links of a specific type

We've defined a Link Type called "contains <-> belongs to" so that we could build an issue hierarchy where Initiatives "contain" Features, and Features "belong to" Initiatives. I want to query for all Features that don't belong to an Initiative.  What I would like to write is something like:

type = Feature AND (issueLinkType != "belongs to" OR issueLink is EMPTY)

but that's not valid JQL.

Any thoughts? What am I missing? Is there a Marketplace app that will support these semantics (not necessarily this syntax)? Thanks for any ideas you can offer.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Jul 14, 2021

Hi Kelly,

Try this: type = Feature AND (issueLinkType != "belongs to" OR issueLinkType is empty)

Doh! Thanks John.

Interestingly, the documentation says the IS operator is not supported for issueLinkType. That'll teach me to believe the docs :-(

Like John Funk likes this

@Kelly Arrey 

For server and datacenter it really is not supported. That is why i used '=' in my reply. 

Good one!  Thanks again.

Hi @Kelly Arrey 

First of all you should always get an error that says what you are doing wrong. 

Out of the top of my head i would think the query you are looking for is  

type = Feature AND (issueLinkType != "belongs to" OR issueLinkType = EMPTY)

Regards

Dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

👁‍🗨 Confluence Team planning dashboard_Atlympics 🌈

Hi Atlassian's, How is your journey with #Atlympics 2021 so far....excited! Me too, same excitement. Here's my typical team planning and vision dashboard which I used to share to my management and ...

107 views 1 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you