JQL to filter certain epic linked issues from board view

Resh January 8, 2021

In my product board, I have tech debt issues which my engineers have created which are currently in the same board as my business teams tech-related requests. I have also created different boards for each of my environments tech debt so I do not need these issues cluttering my product board. 

I am trying to find a way to filter the epic(tech debt epics)s and these certain epic-linked issues(the tech debt issues) from the view so that I have better visibility of the tech requests as we have quite a bit of tech debt. 

I only want the tech debt issues viewable in my product board once these issues are in a 'pre-grooming' or 'grooming' status.

I am having no luck figuring out a query for this. 

Will definitely appreciate any assistance anyone can provide.

I'm using a classic software Kanban project for my product board

1 answer

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

Hi @Resh ,

1. Are you applying different Jira filters for these boards or Same filter.

You can Have on main board --> where all your project issues will be displayed.

Board 1 --> Business

Board 2 --> Tech Debt

To differentiate these issues in different boards.

You may need to do in two different ways as

1. Creating a component and Tagging all Epics and stories and other with that component. applying a board filter as below.

Project = XYZ and Component = "Business"

all your business issues are displayed in this board.

2. Crate another Board , and name it as "Tech Debt"  and create component as "Tech Debt". 

Configure the "Tech Debt" JQL filter as below

Project = XYZ and Component = "Tech Debt".

3. This is main board. Where we can view all the project issues list.

Board filter is " Project = XYZ" order by ASC 

Please try this and let me know , if you face any difficulties

Resh January 11, 2021

Hi @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH ,

Sorry if i wasn't clear.

I have different filters for the differrent boards.

My product board is using a project filter where I view all the project issues list.

My tech debt board is using a 

project = GT AND issuetype in (standardIssueTypes(), Epic) AND "Epic Link" = GT-146 ORDER BY created DESC

My tech debt board is essentially a view of the tech debt epics.  

The problem is the tech debt issues are cluttering my product board. I do not need the tech debt issues displayed on my product board until it is in a pre-grooming or grooming status.

Is there a way for me to display tech debt issues when they are in a certain status as stated by the problem above? 

Thanks for the tip on component and will be grouping all my tech debt epics into a tech debt component! This will surely help in making it cleaner. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events