JQL to display what the current sprint is

Janine_Memon June 9, 2020

How would I write a simple Query that would display the Active sprint? I.e. if we are in Sprint 5, I would "Sprint 5" to be displayed.

6 answers

2 accepted

18 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 9, 2020

Hi Janine, note that JQL is about issues and you cannot retrieve other data than a list of issues using this language. JQL It is not SQL.

Using Advanced search features you can type the following:

project = MyProjec AND sprint in openSprints ()

to retrieve a list of issues under your current Sprint of project 'MyProject'

Regards

Dave July 16, 2021

This is not true.  If you have a sprint with issues from multiple projects, this query only shows the issues from the project specified.

Like # people like this
hesam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 28, 2021

Thanks for the answer. Works like charm. Just in case you want to filter everyone's else ticket use this JQL:

project = "YOUR_PROJECT_CODE" and sprint in openSprints() and assignee = currentUser()
Like # people like this
Josh Carpenter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2022

This worked really well as a Quick Filter on a Kanban board. I also added a Quick Filter to the same board for "Exclude Current Sprint":

sprint not in openSprints()
Like # people like this
Shilpi Marwah
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 18, 2023

thanks this was helpful

4 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2020

Hello @Janine_Memon  a query like this should work

sprint in openSprints ()

3 votes
Shaun Rucker October 6, 2021

When I use 'spring in openSprints()', I am getting a bunch of backlog items (but not ALL) that have no sprint filled out.  Has anyone else seen this?  I checked the history, these items have never been part of a sprint, that I can see.

Amy Christianson June 16, 2023

I am seeing this, were you able to figure this out? 

Shaun Rucker June 16, 2023

It seems to have worked itself out...I have a query like this:
project = xxxx AND "Align Team" in (xxx, yyy) AND Sprint in openSprints() AND status = "Pending Approval"

This shows me the stuff that hasn't been approved to start yet but it's in the sprint.  It works just fine.  Not sure what 'fixed' it.

0 votes
Jerome Fong December 13, 2023

thank you, that worked for me

0 votes
Roman_Bozeman September 21, 2021

This function will break a jira gadget on a Confluence Page. Idk if it is all gadgets or just the Pie Chart.

0 votes
Janine_Memon June 9, 2020

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events