JQL to change story background

Ri A March 15, 2024

Hi all.

I'm trying to write a JQL to change the colour background of a story based on the label. I have written the query on the image below but the background colour remains the same. Any tips or help will be appreciated. ThanksStory background.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2024

Hi @Ri A 

not sure if that's what you want. But to set colors on a board for issues by label go to the boards configuration > card colors > Select method = queries.

Then click "add color", select a color and enter a JQL query like

labels = yourlabelforgreen

Hope that helps.

Ri A March 17, 2024

Thank you David, this actually did the trick. Thanks

Like David Friedrich likes this
3 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

Hello @Ri A 

Where are you expecting that color to display?

That looks like part of the Card Colors page for an agile board.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 12.14.35 PM.png

Those colors will display only as a border on the left side of the issue card.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 12.16.10 PM.png

It does not change the background color of the entire card.

Ri A March 16, 2024

I have created some story templates for my team. I am looking to separate them using colours. The image you shared with the line colour is what I prefer. Any ideas on how I can implement that?.

Each template has a different label and I'd like to use the colours to separate them

Tick1.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2024

On what screen do you want to see the colors?

The Card Colors option in the board configuration will apply to the cards only when you view them in the Board or Backlog view for that board.

Card Colors from the board configuration will not apply when you are looking at an individual issue and seeing the list of child or linked issues.

Ri A March 16, 2024

Hi Trudy, 

Thanks for coming back to me. Yes, I want to them to appear on the backlog and on the board please. 

Ri 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2024

From the image you provided you were in the Card Colors screen in the Board configuration. That is where you would do the set ups.

If you have set up queries to change card Colors and you don't think it is working then we need a few things from you to continue diagnosing the issue.

1. A screen image showing the set up in the Card Colors screen.

2. A screen image of your board or Backlog showing an issue that you think should display a color, and tell us which color it should be displaying.

3. A screen image of the details of that issue showing the fields and data in it that are part of the JQL you set up in the Card Colors screen.

Note that the Card Colors you define will appear only in that one board. If the issue displays in other boards also, you would need to set up Card Colors in those other boards too.

Ri A March 16, 2024

Thank you Trudy, I figured it out. I was over thinking the JQL in my head. It is easy as labels = "label name". 

Thanks a lot for your patience

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events