JQL query

Victoria Kramarenko May 18, 2023

In the process of testing, we check the New Feature and bind bugs to it by linking blocks: Bug blocks New Feature.
When the testing is done, we move the feature to Pending status and wait until all the bugs are fixed.

I want to set up a filter on the board so that I can find all the New Feature tasks in Pending that have passed the block, i.e. all the bugs linked in To Test, Testing, Ready To Deploy statuses.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Hello @Victoria Kramarenko 

Your requirement cannot be met with native Jira functionality.

Would you consider adding a third party application to your Jira system?

Victoria Kramarenko May 19, 2023

Yes, it possible. What kind of the app do you offer?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

I am not an application vendor, but from my own experience I would recommend the Enhanced Search app from Adaptavist. It is a subset of their full ScriptRunner app.

With the Enhanced Search app you can create a filter that will search for issues that have linked issues, and base the results on a filter that applies to the linked issues. This makes use of the linkedIssuesOf function.

This is an example of the filter that would work in your case:

issuetype="New Feature" and status="Pending" and 

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuetype=Bug and status in (To Test, Testing, Ready To Deploy)", "blocks")

The first part constrains the results to just New Features in the Pending status.

The second part constrains the results further by looking for only the New Features that have an "is blocked by" link where the linking issues is a Bug that is in one of the specified statuses.

You would save that filter through the Enhanced Search screen. In your board you would create a Quick Filter to reference that saved filter.

Like Kelly Arrey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events