JQL query to show Milestones only in a gantt view

Rakesh Pradhan April 25, 2023

Im trying to create a custom filter that will display milestones only in the gantt view.  I have multiple projects nested in a hierarchy and want only see milestones .

I have gone to the Add new quick filter and struggling with the JQL statement .  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hi @Rakesh Pradhan and welcome to the Community!

All comes down to how you define milestones and what you mean by gantt view. Are you using advanced roadmaps or a marketplace app? Are your milestones a certain issue type or are they something else?

im using Big Picture Add in for JIRA 

I have setup a hierachical strucre of projects and sub projects 

Milestones are created as Tasks and then converted to Milestones (with start and end dates the same) so you have a zero duration 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Ok. If all goes well, @Rakesh Pradhan, converting a task into a milestone in BigPicture should add a #milestone label to that task in Jira.

That should allow you to create a quick filter that looks for that specific label in Jira to highlight just your milestone tasks like this:

labels = "#milestone"

Hope this helps!

Like Rakesh Pradhan likes this

It works . Thanks :)

Like John Funk likes this
Shahar Nissim May 17, 2023

What to do with Basic MS that are not existed in JIRA?

Rudy Vogels September 27, 2023

Should this also work on Jira v8.13.5? i do not see the "#milestone" label

Suggest an answer