Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

JQL query to show Epics that had time logged on issues linked to it?

krwgn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
Oct 03, 2023

Dear Community,

Hope you are all good today. I am looking for a way to quickly filter the inactive projects (Epics) - defined as a project that had no time logged in the preceding 2 weeks. I have tried using the "updated" option, but that will only show me the updates (time logs, comments, etc.) on the Epic level, while most project work in our set-up is done at the Task level, which is ignored by this argument. I am wondering if there is a way to show Epics that didn't have any action registered on both the Epic and the linked tasks.

1 answer

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
Oct 05, 2023

Hi @krwgn

if I understand you correctly, you'd like to filter for epics where no time was logged to either the epic itself or any of the child issues of the epic.

This is actually quite tricky, as it would require some kind of "join" or "subquery" (in database terms), which isn't available in plain Jira.

The only out-of-the-box thing I can think of is to create an Automation rule that would find the latest update date across an epic and all its children, and write the latest update date into a custom field on the epic. You could then filter by this custom field.

Alternatively, you could export your data and do some kind of post processing, or look into one of the many apps from the Atlassian Marketplace that extend JQL. Scriptrunner is very popular; I myself have used JQL Search Extensions a couple of times and it works great.

Hope this helps,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events