JQL query to search using Label added by any user having JIRA access?

Rajesh_Jadhav April 9, 2020

Hello Team,

I am looking for a JQL query to search using specific Label added by any user having JIRA access?

Ex: Label is Bug but it can be added by any user like Reporter, Assignee, Viewer, Admin, QA, Developer, etc

Here user is a valid user who has access to JIRA to view, create, update or delete it. 

I was thinking to get report using their username...

Please let me know if it is possible using JQL or not.

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2020

Hi @Rajesh_Jadhav

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here - you can use JQL to search for issues which have a specific label attached to it - i.e:

labels = Test

^ You want to add to this that the user who added the label should have a certain permission? Or user should have a certain level of access? Users would have to have Jira access to add the label in the first place.

You can add to the filter based on metadata, eg.

labels = Test and Assignee = User123

If it's more complex than this, can you provide me a little more information or perhaps an example of what you're trying to locate?

Ste

Rajesh_Jadhav April 10, 2020

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for your answer but this is not what I am actually looking for. Let me rephrase my issue. 

Ex: Say that I have 3 JIRA users A, B, C.

First, Creator A created JIRA: AB-12345

Second, Reporter B added Label in JIRA: AB-12345 as Bug

Next, Assignee C added Label in JIRA: AB-12345 as Prod

Now, I would like to know how can Creator A check if it was User B or User C who added Label as Prod in JIRA: AB-12345 ?

Note: When you open JIRA AB-12345 and navigate to Activity > History section from it. You can check for the user who added a particular label but using Advance JQL I am unable to get this report for multiple JIRA IDs. 

Thanks.

RJ.

Rajesh_Jadhav June 2, 2020

Hello @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Did you get a chance to look at my query?

Thanks

RJ.

Roberto Calvo April 28, 2021

Hey @Rajesh_Jadhav . Any answer on this? Very interested in final solution @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer