JQL query to find actual time spent on particular issue in a project. I need query to run it.

Balasubramanyan murugan February 18, 2018

I want to get a report of a tester (user) how much time is being spent on the particular ticket or particular set of the ticket from one status to another. I have status called "Ready for qa > QA started > resolved in trunk. 

So, i want to know how much time is spent from "Qa started to resolved in trunk". 

Can someone help me write query in timespent?

2 answers

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2018

You would need an add-on for it like Time In Status: like https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.obss.plugin.time-in-status/server/overview

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2018

Try to do it like this:

status changed from New to Assigned DURING (startOfDay(-3), now())  by user

Balasubramanyan murugan February 19, 2018

NO :(

Tried your suggestion it's not pulling result as expected. It brings all another status as well.

project = "Online Application v4" AND status changed TO "Resolved In Trunk" by suyambu 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2018

It will show you tickets, which are not currently in status Resolved In Trunk, because you could change the status later. If you want to find issues, which are still in the Resolved In Trunk status then you should write a JQL query like this:

project = "Online Application v4" AND status changed TO "Resolved In Trunk" by suyambu and status = "Resolved In Trunk"
0 votes
Balasubramanyan murugan February 19, 2018

Is there a way to achieve through Advance query.. ?

I just want to mention USER, moved from one status to another with date range

Suggest an answer