JQL query for issues without original estimate is returning issues with estimates. Why?

Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2018
  • JQL query is returning a list of issues with values in originalEstimates field.
    • project = projectname  AND sprint = sprint# AND originalEstimate is EMPTY 
  • When I start a sprint, JIRA throws the warning: "Issues nnn do not have a value for the 'Estimate" field. Values entered after the start of the sprint will be treated as scope change'
  • I do not want the burndown to have problems since the board is configured to Remaining Estimate and Time Spent.

Any ideas from the JIRA hive-mind?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2018

Hello,

As far as I understand the JQL query with the originalEstimate is EMPTY returns tickets with the originalEstimate field set to a value. If so, reindex your Jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events