JQL query for issues moved to another project

Lucas Grula March 26, 2019

Hi!

In my organization, we move the issues between different projects all the time.

What I need?

I'm trying to get, for example, an issue that was in the projectA anytime, but now it's in the projectB.

I know than the issue has a Historylog, and there exists all the changes of it. I can see the previous projects in that section.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2019

Unfortunately, history searches are not available out of the box in JIRA. I would suggest using the API to see what you can find in the history. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2019

Oh, and moving forward, if you want to track that information without an add-on, you could create a custom field for the project and update it when you create the issue. That way you have at least one former project captured.

0 votes
Deleted user March 26, 2019

Hi @Lucas Grula  - What you are trying to do may not be possible with native JIRA using JQL searching. If you are open to Marketplace options, then you can certainly explore ScriptRunner for JIRA. The script itself has been discussed further in this Community thread.  

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Kalyani

Suggest an answer