JQL / jql query

ADEEL AHMED April 26, 2023

I am scrum master ,How much do I need to learn JQL as I don't have much experience or strong programming background? A little problem that I am worry about is programming while doing scrum thing?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi @ADEEL AHMED,

Nice to see you again 😅

Pretty soon, when Atlassian launches Atlassian Intelligence, you will be able to ask Jira to build JQL filters for you using natural language. So I would not worry too much about that.

In the meantime, JQL is not too difficult to learn. You can start by building simple queries in basic mode (Filters > Advanced issue search > Select switch to basic). This way of searching is pretty much like selecting option from a list, like you would do with automatic filters in e.g. Excel. If you then switch to advanced mode, you will be able to see what you just selected looks like in JQL. That way you will be able to learn quickly.

On top, there's plenty of great resources out there that may help you enhance your skills, such as:

Hope this helps!

ADEEL AHMED April 26, 2023

Hy @Walter Buggenhout  

Really appreciated and yes great to hear from you again... :p 

I'll go through with all these links.

Thanks again for sharing

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL