JQL for Roadmap fields?

Cailin Che December 8, 2022

Hi all!

We have an initiative field (we call it EPLC) above the epic level for use on our roadmaps and other reporting. I'm trying to create a JQL filter that will display all the epics and their children issues (tasks, bugs, enhancements, etc), but keep running into an issue with my queries, as they seem not to be available on data center?

I found this great page for cloud (Search for Advanced Roadmaps custom fields in JQL | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support), but the query it suggests returns an error on data center.

Any ideas? The goal is to not have to manually update our epic list if they are tied to the parent EPLC issue.

TIA!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cailin Che December 12, 2022

I found a workaround for anyone interested, using Scriptrunner. I built and saved a filter for my EPLC (Initiative) field, then used the saved filter to call the tasks associated with those epics.

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("filter = \"wcms eplc\" ")

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

The documentation you found is only for Jira Cloud, not Data Center. Advanced roadmap in Jira Data Center is using issue links for the hierarchy instead of a custom field. 

Suggest an answer