JQL find ticket with issue links "mentioned in" (means confluence)

Roger March 23, 2023

I would like to filter all my tickets the following:

Ticket have under "Issue links" the subategory/used  "mentioned in"

Search all tickets which are "mentioned in" in a confluence site

The link of the confluence site is autmatic integrated at the jira ticket.

3 answers

0 votes
Roger March 23, 2023

Thanks for the feedback. Sad that this kind of analyse is not possible without additionals

0 votes
mauricio.groth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2023

Hi @Roger 

I’m Maurício, a support engineer at Digital Toucan and I’m here to help you.

Unfortunately, using JQL of Jira, you’ll not be able to do it.

In the app where my team works, JQL Search Extensions for Jira, you can use this query to find all your issues that contain the remote link to an application like Confluence.

remoteLinkApplicationName="Confluence"

Please contact our support if you have any other questions about this query.

We’ll be happy to help you!
Best regards,
Maurício

0 votes
Barnali Putatunda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2023

Hello,

Jira by default does not provide that much flexibility for searching based on different link types. However, there are apps in marketplace that can help you create JQLs like this.

As an example, Scriptrunner offers a JQL function "linkedIssuesOfRemote" which could help to get the desired result as per your need.
Find all issues linked to a linked Confluence instance:
issueFunction in linkedIssuesOfRemote("application name", "Confluence")

You may get more details here: https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4js/latest/features/jql-functions/included-jql-functions/issue-links

Suggest an answer