JQL filtering of 'none' values

christophe demez June 30, 2022

Hi,

I have a custom filed (defined as a single selection picker) that provides 3 options:
Yes
No
None (This value is added by default and I cannot remove it, even if the field is required)

So, I try to use a JQL filter to hide the internal request, like this:

"Is Internal Request" = Yes OR "Is Internal Request" = null OR "Is Internal Request" is Empty

"Is Internal Request" != No

not ("Is Internal Request" = No)

But none of these is working. do you have any idea how to fix this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Thanks @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

First, I forgot to mention, it is not JIRA cloud, but JIRA server version 8.22.

The field is required and the default value is Yes. But when creating a ticket the None is still there.

And I have try "Is Internal Request" is Empty -> but I have no ticket at all :-(

Thanks

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

try to perform a reindexing first for your project

1. Visit the project
  2. Click on the "Project settings" on the bottom left of the screen.
  3. On "Project settings" page, Click on "Re-index project" option from the left hand side menu.
  4. Click on "Start project re-index" button to perform the project re-indexing.
Like christophe demez likes this

The reindexing fixed the situation. It was the problem. Thanks

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

I'm happy for that @christophe demez . Please mark my answer as accepted

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Select lists show a placeholder text of "none" for us humans, it's more clear than an empty line.

The data in the field when you select "none" is actually nothing.  The database doesn't even have a row for the field content, there's nothing there at all.

So, your JQL to find issues where the value is empty is simply " "internal request" is empty"

You can get rid of "none" by making the field mandatory AND setting a default value for it.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2022

Hi @christophe demez ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

First of all, if you defined that field required through the Field Configuration and put No/Yes as default value, None option should be not visible on creation/Edit.

Btw,"Is Internal Request" is Empty -> Should retrieve all issues with None value

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events