JQL filter to show all issues including subtasks for current sprint.

Julian Bowker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 5, 2020

I'm trying to show ALL project issues, including subtasks in a particular sprint.

project = "Project name" 

Works and shows all the Epics, Stories, Tasks and Subtasks.

However if i just want to show what is allocated to just a particular sprint.

project = "Project name" AND sprint = "sprint"

I only get to see the Stories and Tasks.... no subtasks ?

sprint = "sprint"

does the same.
How do i get to show all the stories/tasks and subtasks  in a particular sprint?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2020

Hi @Julian Bowker ,

This is a long term backlog from 2019.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18398

Julian Bowker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 5, 2020

So it is 😢

Thanks for the prompt reply @Ollie Guan - I've added my vote to that item.
Maybe i should try an interim to list all the sub-tasks with parents in the current sprint, even though some of those sub-tasks may not be in the current sprint.

I guess i will have to be patient and hope long term backlog gets nearer some day.

Like # people like this
paul.keary June 28, 2020

@Ollie Guan  - wow, a full year with no movement. I don't understand how Atlassian's Next Gen projects functionality was ever released as working software

Like Sergei Wallace likes this
Sergei Wallace
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 24, 2021

Can you guys please build this? So many super basic features not available in next-gen... regret creating my Jira project as one at this point.

Like Julian Bowker likes this
Tom Thompson July 15, 2021

Yeah, this sort of stinks.  Filters for Epics don't grab the sub-tasks.  Again, basic functionality I don't want to have to use a plugin for to do something that should be the default.

Like # people like this
fedor_sh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 12, 2022

@Ollie GuanPlease, I beg you, can this be prioritized?

Like # people like this
2 votes
Simon Berdal September 6, 2021

This is basic functionality which you shouldn't need to pay extra for. Must say that I'm disappointed with the JQL functionality that one gets with basic subscription. Reminds me of crippleware. 

2 votes
Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 16, 2021

Hey everyone,

If you have a strong requirement to get the subtasks that are in the sprint you may consider our indexing service:

Your query will look like this:

sprint = "sprint" OR issue in subtasksOfParentsInQuery("sprint = 'sprint'")

You can read more in the docs.

I hope it's helpful to people who are open to apps.

1 vote
Titov Alexandr July 10, 2020

I think it could be solved with the ScriptRunner plugin.

But it costs $)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events