JQL filter for all Team(s) the currentUser is part of

Neil Chambers April 28, 2023

Maybe this is a bit of an anti-pattern to start with. I have a global board which contains a very specific issue type for our Advanced Roadmap. I want our teams to use this board to create these specific issues. However, there are a lot of issues so I'd like to provide a filter to show only issues for the 'shared teams' the current user is part of.

So in my mind the filter would be something like `... where Team in currentUserTeams()`.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Neil Chambers,

That sounds like a great suggestion, but unfortunately not something that is currently supported. There is currently a change rolling out where these teams are being integrated with the teams feature under People, so maybe in time this suggestion might gain traction. You can always raise that suggestion to the team via e.g. in product feedback.

Also - on a side note - be careful with the statement "I want our teams to use this board to create these specific issues". Issues are not created in a board, they are created (and stored) in a Jira project. Whenever a user hits the create button at the top of your screen, he/she has the freedom to create issues in any project and of any issue type they have access to. No board will ever be able to prevent that from happening.

Hope this helps!

Neil Chambers April 28, 2023

Hi Walter, Thanks. I'll certainly raise the suggestion.

And thanks for the clarification on the backing store for the issues. I always confuse boards and projects but I know what I meant to say ;)

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2023

Hi @Walter Buggenhout 

Could I just confirm - there is no JQL syntax to search for user in Team field?

I have a user who has been using Assets for teams data but would like to align with Atlassian Teams used by other projects. They need to be able to identity issues where currentUser() is in specific teams.

Best
Tom

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events