JQL date range is breaking when I add more filters

Chelsea Ebaugh December 6, 2022

Hello! 

I am working on creating a code to run a report based off summary and a date range. When I have the part with the date range only, it works fine and the section with the summary also works by itself. However, when I add the entire string however, it seems to cancel out the date range part of the code. This is the string I am using. I don't understand why adding more removed the date function, when I can stack other filters just fine.

createdDate >= 2021-11-25 AND createdDate <= 2022-10-01 AND summary ~ "disable employee" OR summary ~ "New Employee" OR summary ~ "Transfer Employee" AND project = ISR AND status in (Closed, Done, Resolved)

I am hoping there is just a part I am missing in this.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Hi @Chelsea Ebaugh ,

I think what you wanted to do is to separate ORs in the brackets, like this:

createdDate >= 2021-11-25 AND createdDate <= 2022-10-01 AND (summary ~ "disable employee" OR summary ~ "New Employee" OR summary ~ "Transfer Employee") AND project = ISR AND status in (Closed, Done, Resolved)

If you do not use them, you search for these issues:

• issues created between 2021-11-25 and 2022-10-01 with summary "disable employee" 
  • issues with summary "New Employee"
  • issues with summary "Transfer Employee" from project ISR with status in (Closed, Done, Resolved)

So the date is used only in the first case.

The way I suggested you search for issues how you probably need to.

Chelsea Ebaugh December 7, 2022

Thank you, Adam.

This worked to fix the issue. Have a great day!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events