JQL Request - How to get issues from a project based on Custom Field values in another project ?

support for vo August 25, 2022

Hello Community,

I am contacting you today as I'm facing a technical problem and I am wondering what is the best way to deal with it.

Here is my usecase :

• Users charge (Tempo Worklog) on Project A issues
  • These users are represented on a Custom Field "Team" as "Team1" value on a project B
    • I can't create Jira groups for these users so I need to manage them under Custom Field values

-> I would like to get all issues from Project A that users in "Team1" of Project B have logged work on.

This would give a JQL like this :
project = A AND worklogAuthor in (project = B AND Team = Team1)

Except that it doesn't exist natively on Jira.
I have started to develop a custom JQL but I wonder if there is not a technical solution less complex, and which would be easier to maintain.

If you have ever faced this kind of case, how did you do it ?
Maybe something is doable with a JQL ScriptRunner ?

Thank you in advance for any help :-)

Best regards.

1 answer

1 vote
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2022

Hi @support for vo ,

In case the "Team1" that you are using in the custom field is a Tempo team (as you mention, you are using Tempo to log work), you can use the jql option 

worklogAuthor in team("Team1")

This will give you a list of issues that members of Team1 have at some time logged work on. 

Best regards,
Susane Götz
Tempo team 

support for vo August 25, 2022

Hello Suzanne,

Indeed, it would work if we had Teams created in Tempo but this is is not the case on our instance currently :-(

That's why I'm looking for a way to do a Join between 2 projects on a CF.
Thanks for your quick response anyway !

Best regards.

Suggest an answer