JQL Query on Linked issues

Anudeep Gudipelli September 2, 2022

Hi All, need help in JQL, I am trying to issues that have only one particular linked issue i.e. "relates to", below is the context

I have project A and it has linked issues to another project B and Project C, suppose as issue AA-1 has "relates to" to the same project A and Project BB and Project CC is linked as "depends on".
I want to filter out issues whos have only "relates to".

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2022

Hi @Anudeep Gudipelli

You can use linkedIssues() JQL as described here https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/

issue in linkedIssues(AA-1,"relates to")

However, if you have more that one relates to issues, then this will pop up in the results as well.

Alex

Srinivaas March 3, 2023

How to generalize the above query for all linked issues. My requirement is to display all linked issues in a report based on release and linked story or issue

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

Jira does not provided native support for sophisticated filtering based on linked issues.

Do you have any third party apps on your instance that extend the JQL capabilities or is your company open to getting such apps?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events