Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

JQL Query Assistance - Linked Issues

I'm looking to get data on top separate linked ticket types.

1. I want to see all tickets with a "relates to" link that is from a specific project
    • The tickets that I want displayed are engineering tickets and the linked tickets come from the support team so we can show what tickets in the release solve an issue brought in by support.
      • Tried this as well as some minor variations without luck
        • fixVersion = Bascom AND type = Bug AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(Project = Support, "relates to")
  2. I want to see all tickets that has a link of "is depended by" so we can have a list view of all tickets blocking other tickets and can see both ticket numbers in the view.

Played around with the following without luck.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-functions-reference764.1565752696-1299981349.1565752696#Advancedsearching-functionsreference-linkedIssueslinkedIssues

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I am using JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports  to get the data with links.

you can use following queries to get the results.

following query will return all issues which have link 'relates to'

issue in linkType("relates to")

Find issues which are blocked by issues from project JQL with priority = Highest. 

issue in linkedBy("is blocked by""is related to""project = JQL AND priority = Highest")

Find issues which link at least one issue from project JQL. 

issue in links("project = JQL")

You can find documentation here

https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/30497099/JQL+Reference+Server#JQLReference(Server)-LinkedIssueType

@Muhammad Ramzan- I don't appear to have the same JQL options.

image.png

I think you did not install the plugin that's why

JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

1,226 views 10 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you