Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL: How to get all issues that changed status after custom Date Field date?

Dave West I'm New Here May 27, 2021

We have a pretty standard process.

An issue spends time in an "In Progress" status and then moves to a "QA" status.

The issue has a custom date field called "QA Due Date" which is populated with a date picker.

How in the world do I write a JQL query filter that shows me all issues that changed status from "In Progress" to "QA" after the date specified in "QA Due Date"?

Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader May 28, 2021

Hi Dave - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You probably are not going to be able to do that with JQL because you cannot compare date fields with JQL.

However, you might be able to create an Automation For Jira rule that uses the Advance Compare condition to get a list of issues emailed to you. 

0 votes
Fadoua Community Leader May 27, 2021

@Dave West 

Project = ABC and status = QA and QA Due Date > "enter the date here" (if it applies to all projects then no need to add project to your query.

For more about JQL check here 

Let me know how it goes.

Best,

Fadoua 

Dave West I'm New Here May 28, 2021

Thank you for the response but this is not quite what I am looking for. Each issue has its own QA Due Date so the date cannot be hardcoded into the query. I am looking to use the custom date field as a parameter.

So I need something like:

project = ABS and status = QA and status changed from "In Progress" to "QA" after "QA Due Date"

Unfortunately, this causes an error saying I cannot compare anything to QA Due Date

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

0 votes
Fadoua Community Leader May 30, 2021

@Dave West Not sure about a plugin that will help you achieve what you are looking for.

However I know for sure Jira out of the box doesn't have this feature.

Best,

Fadoua

Do you by chance have ScriptRunner?  If so, you might be able to use 'issuefunction in (datecompare(...))' to get where you're hoping to be.

Hi @Dave West ,

You can try Status Time app developed by our team. It provides reports on how much time passed in each status as well as status entry dates. For your specific case, you can run the report to show status entry dates along with your custom field "QA Due Date". Then export the report in csv format, then you can compare two dates using MS Excel and filter the ones "QA Due Date" is before status entry date.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "Unassigned" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and assigned to a user on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like average/sum reports(eg. average unassigned time per project). And all these are available as gadgets on the dashboard too.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

326 views 9 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you