JQL Filter not working for filtering issues in the second board

Sangeeta Gautam January 13, 2022

I have 2 teams working on the same project. I created a JQL filter and shared it with the project but its not filtering the issues on the board. I changed it to organization and its still not working.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

Are you wanting your board to encompass only the issues in the filter you created? If so, and this is a Company Managed project, have you set the board to use that filter? Go to Board Settings > General, and review the Filter specified there.

If the board is set to use the filter, and you still believe the board is not filtering the issues then please provide the following:

1. A copy of the filter

2. Specify if issues are getting included that should not, or if issues are getting excluded that are not

3. An example of one of the issues from #2.

Sangeeta Gautam January 13, 2022

@Trudy Claspill Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.

Its a company managed project. Created a JQL filter tested its working fine. Then I saved it and from Board Settings --> Edit JQL Querry --> picked the saved JQL however the board does not display the filtered list of issues still. 

I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

@Sangeeta Gautam 

please provide the following:

1. A screen image of the Board Settings > General page showing the filter being used by the board.
  2. Specify if issues are getting included that should not, or if issues are getting excluded that are not
  3. An example of one of the issues from #2.
Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Sangeeta Gautam January 14, 2022

@Trudy Claspill Thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.

This being a public forum I cannot share all the details hopefully it gives an idea. The board filter goal is to show only those issues that have been assigned to certain resources. Although the filter itself works fine as such but when I use it as a saved filter in the general tab as shown below the board is empty instead of showing the issues for the resources in the IN clause.  Thanks!

General Tab.JPG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2022

Hello @Sangeeta Gautam 

Do you have any quick filters active when viewing the board?

When you use a Scrum board, issues will not display if the Fix Version field contain a Version that has been set to Released. Do the missing issue have a value in the Fix Version field that has been set to Released?

If the filter really is 

project = X and assignee in (a, b, c) order by RANK

a Quick Filter or released Fix Versions are the only things I can think of that would prevent the issues from displaying.

@Trudy Claspill Thanks! Yes - you got the filter syntax to what I am using.

No I am not using Fix Version yet and I don't have any Quick Filter that I see applied.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2022

Can you confirm that you have non-Epic, non-Subtask issues (i.e. Story, Bug, Task) assigned to any of the users included in your filter?

@Trudy Claspill Thanks!  I have issues story/task/bug assigned to the users in the IN list. Thanks!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2022

Is this a Scrum board or a Kanban board?

Are both the Backlog screen and the column/Board screen empty of any issues?

Are there issues in the group that have statuses in the To Do status category, in the In Progress status category, and the Done status category?

Can you show us an image for the screen Board Settings > Columns (the mapping of Statuses to Columns)?

Sangeeta Gautam January 28, 2022

@Trudy Claspill First off, thank you for taking the time to work with me on this issue. Sorry for the delayed response was on vacation. 

It's a scrum board. 

It seems like there may be a bug in the software... on trying the same steps again the saved filter is now being picked up by the software via Board Settings --> General -->  Edit Query (same screen as shared earlier).

Thanks again for all your help working with me troubleshooting it. I truly appreciate it. 

Suggest an answer