Trying to get some metrics that can be displayed,
Under Agile -> [BoardName] -> Sprint Report I can pick a sprint and there's 3 tables: "Completed", "Not Completed" and "Removed"
My end goal is to get everything from this "Completed" table and produce some metrics from there based on the catagory it's in (Software, Hardware etc...), but I can't seem to find a JQL Query that covers it.
When I view the table in the issue navigator it just calls each individual Key using:
"issueKey in ([Massive list of each individual issue key])"
My own experimenting and google have failed me, so I'm turning to here for help, if any more detail's needed... Let me know!
As I could understand you need something similar to this:
sprint = "Your Sprint Name" AND category = "CategoryName" AND status = completed
Did you try it? Oh, if your JIRA is any version prior to 6.1.3 you must search the sprint by ID number. See page below if that's your case:
Hope this helps you.
Hi Thiago, thanks for the reply. The problem I'm having is that I cannot find a filter that will give me everything in the "Completed issues" column, (see http://puu.sh/kmj2R/1fd0206667.png for an example of the column in the Sprint Report) There's 96 results there (Not all shown), and those are the ones I want to work with, but I can't find a way to filter those out using JQL, they all share some attributes with stuff in the Not Completed/Removed From Sprint categories. It's either something really silly that I'm missing or something wrong with the way we've set it up that's stopping this working, but that page has a way of filtering out the "Completed" ones and I can't work out what it is. Thanks
The suggested answer doesn't seem to work any more on JIRA cloud, as the sprint field now can contain multiple sprints.
If a given ticket spans multiple sprints, and is marked completed, it will appear in the completed query for multiple sprints.
I want to find out the tickets completed during a given sprint, not the tickets that were eventually completed at some point in the past and that were atonce assigned to a given sprint, regardless of the sprint they were actually completed duiring (which is what the above now gives).
Adding my voice to this thread as well - essentially, I'm looking for a JQL equivalent of the completed issues as seen in the Sprint Report - something that averts the multi-sprint issue in the current Cloud offering. Effectively, I am looking to do something like this
`... AND status changed to Done in Sprint 10...`, or
`... AND status changed to Done during (date1,date2)...`
Hey! Writing this above made me think this through a bit more - I found my solution (with some backup reference from Thomas Schlegel (Atlassian Community Admin) by just trying my second approach above (honestly, I didn't think it was "legal" until I tried it! ;-) per the following:
`... AND status changed to Done during ("2019/05/20 10:00","2019/06/03 09:59")`
where the date range was the start/end of my sprint. Hope this helps someone out there!!
There is no generic good way to do with this JQL because of the problems mentioned above. That being said, i'm not sure when this feature was added, but in the sprint report view of your agile board, if you select the sprint you want to inspect, there is a "View in Issue Navigator" button at the top of each section.
Although the sprint report view may be good enough for your purposes, if you are looking for more information than the default fields it shows (for instance, epic link) then you'll be able to get your own custom view of the filter when pressing this button.
I solved a similar situation using the following query:
project = XYZ AND issuetype in subtaskIssueTypes() AND Sprint in openSprints() AND (Status changed to Resolved after "2020/04/28 10:00" OR Status changed to Cancelled after "2020/04/28 10:00" OR Status in ("To Do", "In Progress")) ORDER BY created ASC, status DESC, assignee ASC, rank
Hope this useful for you.
Late to the party here but one thing you can do is to search for issues in the sprint you are looking for with the status you are looking for but not in the following sprint, for example:
sprint = "Release68" and sprint != "Release69" and status = "DONE" ORDER BY issuetype DESC
My guess is that behind the scenes it gets treated as "in (sprint )" and "not in (sprint)".
This seems to work for me!
Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their Jira Cloud instance. ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events