JQL Cheat Sheet correct? (Atlassian University Course Resource)

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2021

Hi,

I'm currently learning JQL and enrolled for the "Gain Project Insights through JQL" course in the Atlassian University. One of the courses resources is the JQL Cheat Sheet.

In the JQL Cheat Sheet it says that the function "currentLogin()" is associated with the data field type "People". But from my understanding the correct field must be the data field type "Time".
I think this is also what the Documentation says. Or am I missing something?

Can you please let me know what is correct?

Kind regards,
Svenja

JQL Cheat Sheet Screenshot

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-29 um 15.45.04.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2021

I received an answer from the Atlassian Support:

"Hi Svenja,

You are correct, this is a typo. The currentLogin() function performs searches on the time at which the current user's session began and supports time fields. You can see details of this function, and many others, on https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/.

I'll request the cheat sheet be updated.

Thanks,

Mary

cc Mark Liutyi

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

@Svenja Lorenzen 

currentLogin() is looking at your current user session based on time.  It is going to find all the issues for the user based on the current session and uses time to do so.  So the comparison is time and the search is time based on the user session.  I am assuming that they have it under people since it uses the user's session even though the actual search is comparing time.

Suggest an answer