JQ; Search Extended issue

Siobhan Wallace December 9, 2022

Hi all,

I have recently just got the JQL search extender add on.

What I am trying to achieve it to search for particular issues (stories and investigations) where the parent EPIC is not currently on hold.

If anyone has any advice as to why my query isn't working I would be grateful

JQL.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Hi @Siobhan Wallace 

First of all which app do you use? Can't find any app with the name "JQL search extender".

Second of all, on your JQL query you have two contradictory statements:

• One about stories and investigations and
  • One about epic (which probably yields only Epic issue types)

Combining the above two, you are trying to get issue types which are both Stories/Investigations AND Epics. Of course, this is not possible.

Siobhan Wallace December 12, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Thanks for your reply

The app is called JQL extended search thanks.

I am trying to pull Stories, Investigations etc from open Epics 

Thanks

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

@Siobhan Wallace kindly provide a link of the app on the marketplace. The one I find is only for jira server, but you are on cloud. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

@Siobhan Wallace I managed to find the application. So I would write something along these lines:

issuetype in (story, investigation) and status in (analysis, open, "to do", "ready for dev estimate") and issue in childrenOfEpicsInQuery("resolution = unresolved")

The JQL inside the childrenOfEpicsInQuery is your "filters = "open epics" JQL.

Let me know if that's what you wanted!

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2023

@Siobhan Wallace hi,

Did you get this this working?

Like Siobhan Wallace likes this
0 votes
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 12, 2022

My team recently released Text to JQL gadget.

If you're having trouble getting your head around JQL queries, you can try this gadget on this link .

By the way, it's free. I hope this will be useful for you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events