JMWE validator logic - Jira expression

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

I have a transition that needs validation before continuing. Because it's a bit more complex,

I'm using JMWE with a jira expression. Unfortunately, my logic is turned around, and for the life of me I can't seem to get it correct. (I'm a long-time dev, so this is hurting my ego :))

I have an issue type with a field called Support Rep (customfield_10119). There are three possible outcomes of clicking this specific transition:

1. The support rep field is populated and the value doesn't match the current user. Return false and throw the custom error message.
  2. The support rep field is populated and the value does match the current user. Return true and allow the transition to continue.
  3. The support rep field is not populated. Return true and allow the transition to continue.

My current validator code is not working for cases 1 and 2; case 1 allowed me to transition (when the support rep was not me) and case 2 showed the custom error and did not allow the transition (when the support rep was me.) Case 3 works correctly.

Can someone help me out? I've tried changing the order of my conditions; tried changing from OR to AND, etc. and nothing seems to work.

2019-09-16_1050.png

ETA: I tried changing my expression to this, and now the first two scenarios work but the third doesn't.

(issue.customfield_10119 != null && user.accountId == issue.customfield_10119.accountId) || issue.customfield_10119 == null

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

Hi,

I believe you want:

!issue.customfield_10119 || user.accountId == issue.customfield_10119.accountId

Of course, that assumes  customfield_10119 is a single-user picker custom field.

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2019

Thank you! That's what I needed.

Suggest an answer