Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JMWE creating multiple issues with an iterator

Esther Strom Community Leader Oct 02, 2019

I have a workflow where I need to create a handful of specific tasks when an epic is created. I'm using JMWE's create on transition. For the most part, it works. When my epic is created, six separate tasks are being created and linked via the Epic Link field to the new epic. They're getting the correct values for two of our required fields (account and work type.)

The part that isn't working correctly is the iterator. Instead of creating a task with each value in the iterator as the Summary, it's creating the correct number of tasks, but the Summary is always the same - the first value of the iterator (which admittedly matches the Summary value of the initial Set Fields setup; I tried removing that value, but then it throws an error that Summary is a required field.)

Where am I going wrong here? There should be six tasks with the following summaries:

Log Reviews

Firewall Rule

Configuration Standards

User Access Review

Security Alerts

Scans

Instead, there are six tasks, all with a summary of Log Reviews.

Here's the result:
result.png

And here's the setup:
setup.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esther Strom Community Leader Oct 02, 2019

The documentation is a bit fuzzy, but setting the Summary field value (at the top, in the "set fields of new issue" section) to

{{it}}

gave me the results I needed. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,349 views 22 31
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you