JMWE Post-Function not executing after a time period

Eshwar Palem October 14, 2019

Hi,

So I am using the JMWE addon in our Jira Cloud and there is a requirement from our client like he wants to automate a transition when End date(Date picker Custom Field) will be passed i.e(If end date is 15-10-19 then on 16-10-19 the issue should be transitioned). Accordingly we have placed this post function on the transition before the target transition and condition is like now>issue.fields.customfield_10034 | dateadd(1,'days'). During testing the value is returning true but automation is not getting done after a time period. Can anyone help me to sort it out and let me know how to achieve this.

Note: Post function is placed at last.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eshwar Palem October 14, 2019

I think I got the answer for this and what I have understood is basically Post function will be carried out as soon as its transition has been performed. From my case perspective, condition on that Post-function will always get failed and execution will not be performed, because once a post function has performed it would not look for the condition when it becomes true. I need to do this workaround by using Scriptrunner listener.

Hope this helps someone.

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2019

Actually, a listener won’t help you either because there will be nothing to listen to. What you want is a scheduled job that will run regularly and look for issues that have exceeded their End Date (using jql) and trigger the transition on them. 

Eshwar Palem October 18, 2019
  • Yes, you are right @David Fischer I was wrong. Escalation service is the solution for this. 👍

Suggest an answer