JMWE How do I calculate the issue type?

Sigrid Schoepel April 28, 2023

I cannot find an example from JMWE that is close to what I want to do. (I am not a programmer so I do a lot by example and error.)

I have bugs and features in one project and when someone hits a step in the workflow they have to decide if they want to copy the bug or feature to a different project. I want to use create issue once to clone the issue. The bug should be created/cloned as a bug and the feature should be created/cloned as a feature. The issue types are the same across the projects.

What would be the right syntax to detect a bug issue type and assign the new issue the bug issue type?

2 answers

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

Hi @Sigrid Schoepel 

in the Create Issue(s) post function, under Destination -> Issue Type, select "Calculated" and use this as the value:

{{ issue.fields.issuetype.id }}

image.png 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Sigrid Schoepel ,

Based on what you have indicated here, I have to wonder if using automation might be a better solution for you. The one unknown for me centers around your "...they have to decide if they want to copy the bug or feature to a different project.". What is the criteria for making this decision? When they decide to proceed with the clone? further, might I inquire as to what is driving the clone altogether? The reason I ask is that it might help me form the best answer to your question.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events