JIRA to Teamcity implementation diagram

cfreirebarral June 18, 2021

I am working on getting validation from our Infosec team on JIRA integration with Team city. I will need to understand the type of authentication that is used between the two systems and the above mentioned diagram for them to understand how data flows between the two applications and any additional collateral you could provide.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2021

Hello!

I believe I answered a similar post for you, JIRA to Bitbucket Implementation diagram , and similar to that question OAuth is the recommended authentication method. With that said, you have the option of integrating in-house with a custom-built integration using OAuth 2.0 (3LO) apps or you may use an Atlassian Marketplace integration. Here is a preset search for Atlassian Marketplace | TeamCity apps .

A note about 3rd party application integrations:

We recommend using apps to link Jira to products such as Salesforce or Zendesk. For products that don't have a supported Jira integration, you can create a custom application link.

Source: Use AppLinks to link to Atlassian products 

I hope this information proves helpful.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

0 votes
cfreirebarral June 22, 2021

Thanks for your help, Stephen. It is very useful and appreciated.

Suggest an answer