JIRA is unusable after Safari update to Version 14.0.3

António Peixoto February 4, 2021

Hello, I'm unable to open cards/user stories in my jira boards using safari. 

It takes ages to load the pop up window and it shows a lot of html bugs, I can't even scroll down.

It turned JIRA unusable on Mac, this started happening since I've updated it to Version 14.0.3 (15610.4.3.1.6, 15610) , I'm using Catalina.

Thank you

8 answers

1 vote
backslash-f July 16, 2021

Jira is unusable in Safari 15.0

Everything is broken. Boards won't load, issues won't load, buttons / links won't work.

Jumped to Opera, everything works smoothly.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

One place to report it.. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Jira should support the latest stable version. Looks like v15 is still in Beta?

i'd suggest working with 14.1 sicne that is the latest stable one.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/safari-release-notes

Thanks for the link.

Yes, Safari 15 is still Beta.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

yikes....beta browsers 

Yikes... Jira...

Deleted user November 17, 2021

Hi all,

Safari 15 is now stable. I still have issues while trying to edit a page on Confluence. Any update on this bug?

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

There is an active incident associated with Safari - https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/ but unclear if related to your issue.

0 votes
Krzysztof Kepinski November 9, 2021

Loading forever on Safari 15.1 stable and macOS Monterey... I don't see that this browser is anyhow supported by Atlassian. Clearing all the cache, session and cookies data didn't help. Already lost 30 mins on researching that and can't afford more. Switching back to Chrome.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2021

You might report to Atlassian Support

0 votes
Andrei Drozd August 17, 2021

Very-very slow on safari 14.1.1

Chrome works fast

Move card on board from one column to other can take about one minute (render is very slow). On chrome this actions takes 1-2 seconds. Also open task in popup can take about minute. In some cases open description editor take too long time. 

All this slow actions repeated in incognito mode

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2021

I’m not seeing this myself FWIW.

0 votes
landsman June 1, 2021

I have similar issues with inputs. If I am on sprint view I can not change the a value for "Estimate". First load working fine, but after I click to the second issue and try to change something = it's broken.

0 votes
Kian Pirouz April 29, 2021

I'm having the same issue. My JIRA will not even load in Safari 14.0.0 and I get a "A Problem Repeatedly Occurred..." error. It's definitely something with the Pop Up because when I disable all pop ups it allows the site to load but there's no content and it tells me I have to enable pop ups. Pretty sad, JIRA. And yes, I tried all the recommended solutions (router restart, clearing history, even reinstalling iOS, etc). Basically, the product is broken.

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

Do you maybe have a screenshot of what is messed up?

And I'm assuming now that you tried it with a different browser already to exclude the system itself?

The supported platforms does say the latest stable should be supported so you're good there.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/supported-browsers-744721663.html

Now I did notice 14.0.3 is only released a few days a go so not sure if it will be fully tested yet on Cloud.

Might just have to open a ticket then with Atlassian (as you are on a paid version)

https://support.atlassian.com/contact

António Peixoto February 24, 2021

Hi, html bugs stopped happening but it still takes a lot of time to load the pop ups. I had to start using chrome due to this.

The experience on Chrome is a lot different, it works smoothly. 

Thanks for the help! 

Deleted user April 19, 2021

Any update on this?

When using either Jira or Confluence, the initial request is VERY slow - for example, if I click on a bookmark to go ANYWHERE in Jira or Confluence. The request sometimes times out and Safari displays a message that the site cannot be reached.

If I can manage to get a response, subsequent responses are still slow but do actually return more quickly - for example, if I click on a link to pull up the details of a Jira issue or navigate to a different wiki page.

This has made practical use impossible. I am running Safari v14.0.3 on MacOS BigSur. Please look into this so that I don't have to annoyingly switch between different browsers and copy paste URLs.

Like Eugene likes this
0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

Hi! 

Can you reproduce it in private mode of safari ? 

António Peixoto February 4, 2021

Hi, thank you for the quick reply.

I did it, it shows the same behaviour as described above.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

I use and looks ok 14.0.2 (16610.3.7.1.9). 

So that strange if you can reproduce in incognito mode of your browser that's so sad

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events