JIRA access problem after update

eM Windykacja October 12, 2017

I have a problem after updating Jira from 7.2.* to 7.5.0.

After successfully launching from the command line, it displays messages:

System plugins failed to start: We haven't been able to start all the required system plugins
We couldn't start the following plugins:
Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Global Issue Navigator (com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin)
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Quick Edit Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin)
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - REST Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.rest)

I tried resolve problem with this documentation, but failed: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshooting-jira-startup-failed-error-394464512.html

Server Java version:

java version "1.8.0_102"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)

My server doesn't have antivirus software.

Regards.

2 answers

1 vote
Arne Schirmacher January 3, 2018

Did anyone have a solution for this error? I found that since Jira 7.2x + this error occurs more and more. I have this at least twice a day when I am restarting my test environment. With Jira 6.x I never had such issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

Have you worked through the troubleshooting doc Mizan pointed to?

Matthias Schouten January 9, 2018

Yes I have. I will try to reset the Server, hopefully that will help.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2017

Have you tried restarting JIRA ? 

I had once faced similar issue and just by restarting this was solved.

Seems like a memory issue , may i know if the file system has enough free space and what amount of heap is allocated to JIRA (i.e. the Xmx defined in <installation>/bin/setenv.sh). 

eM Windykacja October 12, 2017

Thank you for answer Mizan,

I restarted the Jira many times, but it didn't work.

I've set parameters seen below in "setenv.sh", and it didn't resolve the issue.

JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY="1024m"

JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY="2048m"

Server parameters:

• System: 

Linux srv2 4.4.0-96-generic #119-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 12 14:58:51 UTC 2017 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux (32bit anyway)

• Ram: 23.19 GB total / 1.31 GB used
  • CPU: 0.29 (1 min) 0.66 (5 mins) 0.71 (15 mins) (2 processors each 8 cores)
  • Local spaces: 2.10 TB total / 1.98 TB free / 125.81 GB used

Jira has not been updated since 1.5 years. Earlier it works perfectly.

Best regards.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2017

Try increasing the plugin wait time to 300 . (I thought this was fixed but this is still an open issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-60212)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-applications-system-plugin-timeout-while-waiting-for-add-ons-to-enable-212173447.html

If this does not work then we need to dig more in the logs. Better create a support case with Atlassian 

Suggest an answer