JIRA access after maintenance license expires

Clare Goodman April 16, 2023

We have an on prem JIRA server which will no longer be supported after February 2024.

Our maintenance ends in November 2023.

What will happen to our JIRA access after November 2023.  Will this then become read only or continue to work as expected but without any support available?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Server (not DC) licences are "perpetual".  Your server will continue to work fine for as long as you want.  The only difference you'll see is the admins will get warning that you're out of support.

After November 2023, you will have no support, and you will not be able to upgrade to a version released after that (for server, there will likely be a single "final" release, but I don't know if that will be soon, or maybe just as it all stops in February '23).

Clare Goodman April 18, 2023

Thanks Nic.  Can you clarify whether we will still be able to use JIRA after November, or will it become read only.  

This instance of JIRA is hosted on an internet free server so is relatively secure hence I'm not that worried about it being out of support.

The real question I need answering is will I still be able to use JIRA after my support expires.

Appreciate your time and expertise helping me with this question.

0 votes
pankaj_kukreti April 17, 2023

Hi @Clare Goodman , After February 24, your server will continue to function normally for as long as you choose. As you indicated, your contract expires in November, so you'll need a support crew or administrators soon. I have a few contacts who can assist you with maintenance and support; please let me know if you are interested and I will gladly provide further information.

Suggest an answer